ORLANDO – (June 5, 2018) Six Florida companies received statewide recognition as the 2018 winners of the second annual Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards. The awards, recognizing high performing manufacturers in six categories, were announced and presented June 1 at the Governor’s Sterling Awards Banquet in Orlando.
The Florida Sterling Council and FloridaMakes collaborated on these statewide awards. Companies were judged on leadership, strategic planning, customer and market focus, measurement, analysis and knowledge management, workforce and operations.
The 2018 Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence winners are:
Companies with fewer than 30 employees:
- Winner: Pro-Tools, Temple Terrace, which manufactures and distributes specialty metal fabrication tools to custom fabricators in the racing and off-road industries, as well as custom machining and fabrication services.
- Runner Up: Architectural Metal Flashings, LLC, Cape Coral, which fabricates and services custom, architectural and standard metal flashings, metal panels, accessories, and ductwork for the roofing and construction industries.
Companies up to 64 employees:
- Winner: Dyplast Products, LLC, Miami, which manufactures polyisocyanurate and polystyrene insulation products.
- Runner Up: RND Automation & Engineering, LLC, Sarasota, which engineers, designs, manufactures, and retrofits custom automation and material handling machinery across diverse industries.
Companies up to 99 employees:
- Winner: Advanced Machine and Tool, Inc, Fort Pierce, which fabricates, assembles, and tests new high-end, large, metal components and repairs customer components for the power generation, aerospace, amusement, and water treatment industrial sectors.
- Runner Up: Data Graphics, Inc., Mount Dora, which manufactures custom labels, nameplates, overlays, roll labels, unique identifiers, barcodes, and corporate apparel.
Companies with up to 199 employees:
- Winner: ACR Electronics, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, which manufactures safety and rescue products for the marine, aviation, outdoors, and military markets, including emergency positioning beacons, life jacket lights, and searchlights.
- Runner Up: Seaway Plastics Engineering, LLC, New Port Richey, which produces prototype and low volume production injection moldings, in-house mold making, micro-molding, over molding, and full-service mold making.
National companies with up to 350 employees:
- Winner: National Molding, LLC, Miami Lakes, which manufactures injection molded components for automotive, medical and military customers.
- Runner Up: Lockheed Martin Space, Cape Canaveral, which assembles, integrates systems, and tests the Orion spacecraft for deep-space human exploration of the solar system.
National companies with more than 350 employees:
- Winner: L3 Crestview Aerospace, Crestview, which fabricates and manufactures assemblies for aviation platforms, in addition to aircraft modifications, maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- Runner Up: Sparton DeLeon Springs, LLC, DeLeon Springs which manufactures and assembles anti-submarine warfare sonobouys for the U.S. Navy.
The winners were selected from among 27 award finalists; 120 manufacturers were nominated. FloridaMakes will feature the finalists in webinars, plant tours and events that share best practices to benefit Florida’s manufacturing sector and at the Make More Manufacturing Summit to be held on July 26 in Orlando.
About the Governor’s Sterling Award
Established in 1992, the Florida Sterling Council is a public/private not-for-profit corporation supported by the Executive Office of the Governor. The Council oversees the Governor’s Sterling Award for Performance Excellence, presented annually by the Governor to high performing, role-model organizations, both private and public, who demonstrate superior management approaches and role model results. Sterling’s Conference teaches participants how to elevate performance and increase productivity. More at www.floridasterling.com.
FloridaMakes is an industry-led public-private partnership established in 2015 to improve the productivity and technological performance of Florida manufacturers and strengthen the state’s high-wage manufacturing economy. FloridaMakes is the official representative of the MEP National Network and NIST MEP in the State of Florida and provides services through Florida’s existing network of Regional Manufacturers Associations and other partners to support Florida’s more than 21,000 manufacturers. Services are customized to meet the needs and opportunities of individual companies. FloridaMakes operates with support from the State of Florida, NIST and Florida’s manufacturers. For more information visit www.floridamakes.com